Please note: Due to family commitments, the centre is currently not accepting new clients.
People who are highly sensitive are usually not automatically in need of psychotherapy as it is not a psychological disorder, but a normal temperamental trait. For many people who are highly sensitive it isn't even an issue that needs "fixing".
However, there are some "typical" problems that often go hand in hand with being highly sensitive that might need addressing. Some HSPs struggle with their tendency to feel quickly overstimulated in everyday life or they find their sensory sensitivity to bright lights, loud noises or busy environments very challenging. Some struggle more with issues around self-acceptance, self-worth and self-care. Others find it difficult to regulate their intense emotions or live a lifestyle that doesn't suit their temperament. Sometimes people just want to learn more about high sensitivity, expand their knowledge or would like to do an assessment to find out whether they are highly sensitive or not.
The European Centre for High Sensitivity offers private consultations with Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist Tom Falkenstein to address any of these issues or to talk about individual high-sensitivity-related problems and questions. Through these private consultations you might learn the following:
- To strengthen self-acceptance in terms of being highly sensitive
- To identify HSP related strengths, challenges and resources
- To learn emotional regulation skills in order to decrease overarousal
- To improve stress management
- To improve the level of your self-care
- To learn to be more assertive regarding boundaries and emotional needs in relation to others
- To learn a more self-accepting and self-compassionate way of relating to you yourself
Whether you want to book just one initial session or several, please do not hesitate to contact the centre.
Please be aware that these consulations are not a substitute for long-term therapy to address mental health issues, like depression or addictions. The fee for each session is 100,55 Euro and must be paid privately as health insurance companies do not currently cover the costs.
If you are interested in a consultation, please contact us here.